top of page
About us

About us

St Peter's is part of the ...

World wide Anglican Communion

Church of England

Diocese of Lichfield

Archdeaconry of Salop

Deanery of Shrewsbury and Wrockwardine

Churches Together in England

Churches together in Shrewsbury

Parish of the Holy Cross, Shrewsbury Abbey and St. Peter's

Click below to find out more ...

About us links
St Peter's Shrewsbury From Monkmoor Road

St Peter's was consecrated in 1939 ... just in time for the Second World War.

The site was bought by the Diocese of Lichfield in the mid 1930's and set up as a Mission Church intended to serve the needs of the developing suburbs around Underdale and Monkmoor.

It can seat around 100 ... at a push.

The Parish Hall was built on the same site, opening in 1982.

The two buildings, Church and Hall act as a spiritual and community hub, serving a mixed community, part of which is rated as disadvantaged.

There are 5 schools nearby, Primary, Secondary and Special Needs.

On a Sunday we average about 30 worshippers

and have a community volunteer base of around 70 persons

 

St Peter's has a page on A Church Near You 

bottom of page